e-Book: Fine-Line Designs for Kilnformed Glass, by Bob Leatherbarrow
Lines are a powerful design element in art and yet creating crisp, clean and controlled lines has been a challenge for artists working with kilnformed glass. Investigate the power of lines in your glass work with renowned artist Bob Leatherbarrow in this ebook, regardless of the techniques you currently use this book will enable you to include lines to enhance any design!
This is an e-Book download - Please see below for details on buying and accessing this e-book..
With this book you will learn how to solve the technical problems that have plagued line placement and successfully incorporate a variety of line types into your kilnformed glass designs.
The main topics covered in this book are:
- Straight lines
- Precise curves
- Gestural curves
But there is also a wealth of other information including:
- Skinny glass, or firing single layers of 3mm sheet glass to full fuse and maintaining the original shape and thickness
- Lip wraps, the coloured rim around the edge of the bowl
- Finishing techniques including polished edges and preventing or repairing devitrification
- Technical information needed to understand the processes and for problem solving
- 152 pages of clearly documented step-by-step instructions
- 101 quality images to accompany the instructions
- Thorough discussions on how the properties of glass, such as surface tension, impact the described techniques
- 13 detailed firing schedules in both Fahrenheit and Celsius
- Detailed instructions for coldworking edges and fire polishing surfaces
- A gallery of finished artwork to illustrate the range of applications for the techniques illustrated in this book
Buying and Accessing Your e-Book - Please Read Carefully:
- Overseas customers: Please ensure that you have made an account and are logged in when you purchase, so that you can access your eBook.
- This is an e-book download, not a physical paper book.
- To purchase this e-book, just add it to your basket and check out as normal.
- To access the e-book, simply click on the link in your order confirmation email to reach the download page. Please note that your download may be marked as 'Pending' until approved (see below).
- Alternatively you can access the e-book from the order details in the 'My Account' section on the website. Just log in and go to 'My Account', then select 'My Downloadable Products' to access the e-book.
- Before you can access the e-book we need to approve the purchase. If you purchase online using a credit/debit card or PayPal then approvals are immediate. Otherwise approvals occur once payment is marked as received (or when a purchase order is approved) by our accounts team.
- Your e-book can then be downloaded a maximum of 5 times onto your device(s).
- Your e-book will be available to download for 14 days from the date of approval, so please do not delay in downloading it (these limits are to help protect the author from unauthorised sharing of the document link).
- The e-book will be delivered as a PDF file so please ensure you have an appropriate PDF reader installed, such as Adobe Acrobat Reader or Google PDF Viewer. There are a number of free PDF viewers available online.
- NO REFUNDS ARE AVAILABLE ON E-BOOKS.
Where is my e-Book saved on my device?
Once you have downloaded e-book it may be stored in a different location depending on device. We would always recommend downloading the game on a desktop/laptop/macbook.
- iPhone/iPad: Check your downloads folder in the 'folders' app
- Android Device: Check your My Files app (called File Manager on some phones), which you can find in the device's App Drawer
- Desktop/Laptop: Go to your general folders and check your 'downloads' folder
- Macbook: Go to 'finder' and check your 'downloads' folder