E-BOOK: Intermediate Kilnformed Glass Powders: Pebble, Oriented and Colour-Filled Veins Textures, by Bob Leatherbarrow
If you are interested in working with kiln-formed glass powders and expanding your repertoire of textural techniques made with powders, this is the e-book for you!
THIS IS AN E-BOOK DOWNLOAD - Please see below for details on buying and accessing this e-book.
The second book in a series on Bob Leatherbarrow’s artistic journey working with glass powders. Bob Leatherbarrow is internationally renowned for the unique techniques, textures and colour palettes he has developed using Bullseye glass powders.
BEFORE PURCHASING THIS E-BOOK, PLEASE NOTE: Knowing how to make the basic crackle texture described in Introduction to Kilnformed Glass Powders (Book 1) is essential for learning the techniques in Intermediate Kilnformed Glass Powders (Book 2). There is no review of basic crackle in this book.
- 113 pages of clearly documented step-by-step instructions for the 5 included textures
- 115 quality images to accompany the instructions
- Thorough explanations of important details related to working with powders, e.g. how variations in the basic crackle technique can control textural outcomes, using powder to enhance design, using chemical reactions to create fine lines
- Firing schedules and the logic behind their development (in both °Celsius and °Fahrenheit)
- Guidelines for finishing and slumping projects into gallery quality pieces
- A gallery of finished artwork, with accompanying stories, to illustrate a range of applications for the techniques described in this book
Buying and accessing your eBook:
- This is an eBook download, not a physical paper book.
- To purchase this eBook, just add it to your basket and check out as normal.
- To access the eBook, simply click on the link in your order confirmation email to reach the download page. Please note that your download may be marked as 'Pending' until approved (see below).
- Alternatively you can access the e-book from the order details in the 'My Account' section on the website. Just log in and go to 'My Account', then select 'My Downloadable Products' to access the e-book.
- Before you can access the eBook we need to approve the purchase. If you purchase online using a credit/debit card or PayPal then approvals are immediate. Otherwise, approvals occur once payment has been approved by our team.
- Your eBook can be downloaded a maximum of 5 times onto your device(s).
- Your eBook will be available to download for 14 days from the date of approval, so please do not delay in downloading it (this helps protect the author from unauthorised sharing of the document).
- The eBook will be delivered as a PDF file, so please ensure you have an appropriate PDF reader installed (such as Adobe Acrobat Reader or Google PDF Viewer). There are a number of free PDF viewers available online.
- No refunds are available on eBooks.
Where is my eBook saved on my device?
Once you have downloaded your eBook, it may be stored in a different location depending on your device. We always recommend downloading the eBook on a desktop/laptop/macbook.
- iPhone/iPad: Check your downloads folder in the 'folders' app
- Android Device: Check your My Files app (called File Manager on some phones), which you can find in the device's App Drawer
- Desktop/Laptop: Go to your general folders and check your 'downloads' folder
- Macbook: Go to 'finder' and check your 'downloads' folder
Personalised discounts do not apply to this product.
Photography for last three images by John Cameron
Bob’s powder recommendations for the crackle techniques;
Warm Colours (all Opals)
- Red Opal
- Canary Yellow
- Marigold Yellow
Cool Colours (all Opals)
- Deep Cobalt blue
- Turquoise blue opal
- Egyptian Blue
- Jade Green
- Teal Green
- Mint Green
Black Opal – a small amount
White Opal 0113 – for tinting when blending colours or for infilling the backs of wafers with wet white powder
French Vanilla – Reacts nicely with turquoise, Egyptian blue, jade green, teal green, Also good for tinting red, canary yellow and marigold yellow