eBook: Colour Blooming: A pattern making process for glass, by Catherine Dunstan
If you are interested in experimenting with colours and abstract patterns in your glass work this eBook is for you! Colour Blooming offers you an exciting opportunity to deepen your understanding of how molten glass behaves and create unique, absorbing artwork.
THIS IS AN E-BOOK DOWNLOAD- Please see below for details on buying and accessing this e-book.
This e-book is a comprehensive tutorial on Catherine Dunstan's colour blooming technique. It provides clear instructions, demonstrating how you can design and create your own colour bloom pattern artworks, including detailed project guides to follow.
Colour Blooming is a pattern making process developed by Catherine, who is both an artist and teacher, the technique resembles kaleidoscopic patterns. You won't need a saw or any big equipment other than a kiln, kiln furniture and regular hand tools!
While this process requires competent glass cutting skills, if this is something you lack confidence in there are a number of adjustments that can be made so it is accessible across a range of competency levels. Users will benefit from an existing understanding of glass compatibility and how to read firing programs.
- 123 pages of technical guidance, tutorials and project guides
- 101 photograps that demonstrate the different stages of each process
- 55 technical diagrams to offer visualisation of what happens to the glass as it melts and colour bloom design techniques
- A narrative writing style, that offers insight into Catherine's discovery process, to explain 'why' as well as show the 'how'
- Firing guides in both Celsius and Fahrenheit, for both COE90 and COE96 users, and explanations of how these work
Suitable for all levels of experience
Buying and accessing your eBook:
- Overseas customers: Please ensure that you have made an account and are logged in when you purchase, so that you can access your eBook.
- This is an eBook download, not a physical paper book.
- To purchase this eBook, just add it to your basket and check out as normal.
- To access the eBook, simply click on the link in your order confirmation email to reach the download page. Please note that your download may be marked as 'Pending' until approved (see below).
- Alternatively you can access the e-book from the order details in the 'My Account' section on the website. Just log in and go to 'My Account', then select 'My Downloadable Products' to access the e-book.
- Before you can access the eBook we need to approve the purchase. If you purchase online using a credit/debit card or PayPal then approvals are immediate. Otherwise, approvals occur once payment has been approved by our team.
- Your eBook can be downloaded a maximum of 5 times onto your device(s).
- Your eBook will be available to download for 14 days from the date of approval, so please do not delay in downloading it (this helps protect the author from unauthorised sharing of the document).
- The eBook will be delivered as a PDF file, so please ensure you have an appropriate PDF reader installed (such as Adobe Acrobat Reader or Google PDF Viewer). There are a number of free PDF viewers available online.
- No refunds are available on eBooks.
Where is my eBook saved on my device?
Once you have downloaded your eBook, it may be stored in a different location depending on your device. We always recommend downloading the eBook on a desktop/laptop/macbook.
- iPhone/iPad: Check your downloads folder in the 'folders' app
- Android Device: Check your My Files app (called File Manager on some phones), which you can find in the device's App Drawer
- Desktop/Laptop: Go to your general folders and check your 'downloads' folder
- Macbook: Go to 'finder' and check your 'downloads' folder