eBook: Finding Place: Light & Landscape Book 1, by Judith Conway & Kevin O’Toole
The Finding Place eBook series focuses on creating light and landscapes - this first book details three very different landscape scenes, each presenting a different challenge.
This is an eBook download – Please see below for details on buying and accessing this e-book.
The first project, a simple marsh landscape called Meandering Light, introduces a simple powder technique. The two other complete landscape projects, First Light and Distant Light, each present different challenges. The book details their design and construction process step-by step and explains the techniques adapted to meet all of those challenges.
For all three projects, the book includes detailed illustrations, step-by-step instructions and samples of other pieces created in the same manner but with small changes to the images and palettes.
The book is suitable for all levels of experience and will help the beginner grow while challenging the more experienced glass artist.
Vitrum Studio, created by Judith Conway and Kevin O’Toole, has gained an international reputation for excellence in kilnformed glass, providing advice and inspiration to thousands of students over the years.
The brick and mortar version of Vitrum Studio is no more, but all they have developed over the years is being distilled into their Vitrum eBooks, with each book designed to be a Masterclass in itself!
- Over 80 pages & 170 photos
- Step-by-Step Instructions for Design and Construction
- Clear & Thorough Diagrams
- Complete Materials List
- Display and Framing Methods
- Full Firing Schedules
- Vitrum Studio Tips
Buying and accessing your eBook:
- Overseas customers: Please ensure that you have made an account and are logged in when you purchase, so that you can access your eBook.
- This is an eBook download, not a physical paper book.
- To purchase this eBook, just add it to your basket and check out as normal.
- To access the eBook, simply click on the link in your order confirmation email to reach the download page. Please note that your download may be marked as 'Pending' until approved (see below).
- Alternatively you can access the e-book from the order details in the 'My Account' section on the website, just log in and go to 'My Account' to view your order and access the download.
- Before you can access the eBook we need to approve the purchase. If you purchase online using a credit/debit card or PayPal then approvals are immediate. Otherwise, approvals occur once payment has been approved by our team.
- Your eBook can be downloaded a maximum of 5 times onto your device(s).
- Your eBook will be available to download for 14 days from the date of approval, so please do not delay in downloading it (this helps protect the author from unauthorised sharing of the document).
- The eBook will be delivered as a PDF file, so please ensure you have an appropriate PDF reader installed (such as Adobe Acrobat Reader or Google PDF Viewer). There are a number of free PDF viewers available online.
- No refunds are available on eBooks.
Where is my eBook saved on my device?
Once you have downloaded your eBook, it may be stored in a different location depending on your device. We always recommend downloading the eBook on a desktop/laptop/macbook.
- iPhone/iPad: Check your downloads folder in the 'folders' app
- Android Device: Check your My Files app (called File Manager on some phones), which you can find in the device's App Drawer
- Desktop/Laptop: Go to your general folders and check your 'downloads' folder
- Macbook: Go to 'finder' and check your 'downloads' folder